How Sex promotes anti aging
General Physical Well-Being, Because Sex . . .
• Improves sleep because orgasm causes a surge in oxytocin (a hormone best known for inducing labor, but also associated with human attachment and bonding) and endorphins that may act as sedatives.
• Increases fitness by burning calories and fat. It has also been suggested that people with active sex lives tend to exercise more frequently and have better dietary habits than those who are less sexually active.
• Cures wrinkles! A study conducted during a 10-year period and involving more than 3,500 European and American women and men examined various factors associated with youthful appearance.
A panel of judges viewed the participants through a oneway mirror and then guessed the age of each study subject.
Those women and men whose age was regularly underestimated by 7 to 12 years were labeled “superyoung.”Among these
superyoung people, one of the strongest correlates of youthful appearance was an active sex life. On average, superyoung participants reported engaging in sexual intercourse three times a week in comparison with the control group’s average of twice a week. The superyoung were also found to be comfortable and confident regarding their sexual identity.
Sexual and Reproductive Health, Because Sex . . .
• Protects against endometriosis
• Enhances fertility
• Regulates the menstrual cycle
• Relieves menstrual cramps
• Protects against early delivery in pregnancy
• Supports prostate health
• Relieves chronic pain
• Helps to relieve migraines
Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Spiritual Health, Because Sex . . .
• Improves overall quality of life
• Decreases risk of depression and suicide
• Reduces stress
• Increases self-esteem
• Enhances intimacy
• Improves social health
• Increases stability of relationships
• Heightens spirituality